The South Dallas community is experiencing development and redevelopment at an accelerating pace. Numerous projects that expand the business base and improve the neighborhood’s vibrancy are already underway or are planned for the community.
The purpose of the South Dallas/Fair Park Opportunity Fund (Opportunity Fund) is to provide loans and grants to promote economic development and support human development initiatives in neighborhoods surrounding Fair Park. Loans or grants are available to support businesses or entities located with specific census tracts, or that serves a population that is made up of at least 90% of residents from those census tracts.
June 7th virtual | 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
June 9th Virtual | 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
June 15th In-Person | 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Hosted by Ms. Diane Ragsdale
Martin Luther King Jr. Center 2922 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Dallas, TX 75215
Bldg A – Activity Room B
June 21st In-Person | 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Hosted by Pastor Todd Atkins
Salem Institutional Baptist Church
3918 Crozier St, Dallas, TX 75215
Grants and loans are available in the following program areas:
- Human Development contracts must demonstrate measurable outcomes related to the following goals in the service area: increase workforce participation and readiness; stimulate small business activity and growth; improve health outcomes; improve public safety; or, improve educational outcomes.
- Economic Development projects must demonstrate the creation of new jobs, the retention of existing jobs or an increase in the Service Area tax base.
- 25% of annually budgeted funds may be awarded as grants; a maximum of $100,000 may be awarded for human development contracts.
- A minimum of 75% of budgeted funds must be awarded as repayable loans
- More details on the program requirements can be found in the Program Statement
Examples of previous projects include:
- Parkland Hospital – Hatcher Station Health Center
- South Park YMCA
- St. Philip’s School and Community Center
- Two Podners BBQ & Seafood Restaurant
- Multiple Community Development Corporations
Note: Tract 203.00 combined 1990 Census Tracts 28, 29, 35, and 36 used for the original formation of the Trust Fund.
Zip Codes via Census Tracts