The purpose of the South Dallas/Fair Park Opportunity Fund is to provide loans and grants to promote economic development and support human development initiatives in the neighborhoods surrounding Fair Park.
Eight members must meet any of the following qualifications:
– Be a resident of the South Dallas/Fair Park fund program area as defined by city council resolution.
– Be a representative of a cultural institution or other facility permanently housed at Fair Park.
– Be the owner or operator of a business in the South Dallas/Fair Park fund program area as defined by city council resolution.
– Be actively involved in the South Dallas/Fair Park community.
Seven members must have substantial knowledge and expertise in any of the following areas:
– Housing development.
– Business development and operations.
– Non-profit management and operations.
– General community development principles and practices.
In addition to these qualifications listed above, at least two of the board members must have loan underwriting experience.
The South Dallas Fair Park Opportunity Fund Advisory Board generally meet on the fourth Monday of each month. Meeting times and locations are subject to change.
AUTHORITY: City Code, Section 2-130, 93-1145, 99-3439, 06-1833
MEMBERS: 15 members, one appointed by each member of the City Council
Small Business Center
Regina Onyeibe, Sr. Coordinator -Small Business
214-671-9098 | email@example.com
The mayor designates the chair of the commission, and the full city council designates the vice-chair. See Dallas City Code Article XXVI.; full City Council appoints the vice-chair.