Effective Research for Your Business Planning
There are many information resources to help you start a successful Dallas business.
Regulations, Permits and Taxes
The City of Dallas publishes:
- A Small Business Quick Reference Guide with legal, regulatory, and tax requirements for doing business in Dallas
- A guide to the land use, development and construction permit process in Dallas
The State of Texas has a seven step startup process on its website:
The U.S. Small Business Administration publishes a resource guide for Dallas area entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Local Research Resources
- Dallas Public Library small business research resources
- The City of Dallas demographic and business reports
- The North Central Texas Council of Governments demographic and job statistics
Public Data and Statistics
Data for market and industry conditions in Dallas, Texas and across the country.
- Business and industry information: Census Bureau Business Statistics
- Population and demographics: Census Bureau Demographics
- Economic output, income, consumer spending, corporate profits and international trade: Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Wages, inflation, employment and unemployment data: Bureau of Labor Statistics