Our primary goal is to advocate for individuals returning to their communities from incarceration or with non-incarceration infractions that produce barriers to stable or full-time employment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Fresh Start advocates for individuals returning to their communities from incarceration or with non-incarceration infractions that produce barriers to stable or full-time employment. We provide mentorship and guidance throughout the application and hiring process.
- Misdemeanors Charges – Non-Aggravated – NO Waiting Period**
- Felony Charges – Non-Aggravated – 6-month Waiting Period **
- Felony Charges – Aggravated – 2-year minimum Waiting Period **
- Other Felony Charges – 5-year minimum Waiting Period **
- Pending cases will not be considered until the case is resolved
- Active Warrants will not be considered until lifted
- Deferred Adjudication allowed
- Probation/Parole allowed
** from the latter of either the release from prison/jail or the date of the disposition
Fresh Start program does not guarantee hiring. Fresh Start alters the background check process for applicant.
Fresh Start program does not guarantee hiring. Fresh Start alters the background check process for applicant to facilitate hiring.
Yes. You must complete the required job readiness/preparedness, or at least provide a scheduled date before you are scheduled for new employee orientation.
Please use the link below to contact your nearest Texas Workforce Solutions office for questions related to training and schedules and complete the virtual training.
- Please make sure your application is complete
- Please make sure all questions are answered carefully and accurately
- Please make sure your work history sections are detailed and are a close match to the position you are applying for
- If you attach a resume, please make sure the information is the same on your application
- Please do not claim education you do not have
- If you did not graduate, answer “No”
- If you have a GED, answer “GED
- If you are enrolled in college and have not graduated, answer “No” or “enrolled only”
Click the link to view all open positions in the City of Dallas(must be competed on a desktop or laptop).