Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship
For more than 30 years, the Caruth Institute of the Cox Business School at Southern Methodist University has developed innovative courses and programs to help individuals keep pace with the dynamic, rapidly changing field of entrepreneurship. The Institute currently offers more than 18 custom-designed courses to give students the skills and knowledge necessary to launch and manage successful entrepreneurial ventures. Courses include:
- Starting A Business
- Venture Financing
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Practicum
- Law of Financial Transactions for Entrepreneurs
- International Entrepreneurship
The Institute has also created unique programs that help students experience and better understand the inner workings of entrepreneurial ventures:
Cox MBA Venture Fund: A pioneering program that gives students the hands-on experience of making debt and equity investments in select business ventures developed by Cox students and alumni.
Southwest Venture Forum: A bimonthly non-profit forum where entrepreneurs looking to start or build businesses meet with venture investors to solicit financing and obtain advice.
Dallas 100 Awards: An annual event that identifies and honors the 100 fastest-growing privately held companies in the Dallas area.
- Write a business plan
- Research a business idea
Internship Programs and Student Services
- Student marketing Projects
- Student Research Projects
- Leadership/Professional Development
Marketing & Sales
- Student Marketing Projects
- Business Management and Strategy Training
- Business Plan Training and Assistance
- Marketing Plan Development and Training
SMU Cox School of Business, Fincher Building, Room 143
6212 Bishop Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75275