BCL of Texas
BCL of Texas is a not-for-profit community development corporation, which promotes and assists small businesses growth in Texas. We offer business counseling and technical assistance and provide funding and funding support. We originate, underwrite, process, close and service business loans to healthy, growing businesses.
We are a Small Business Administration 504 participant and provide FREE business assistance through one-on-one businesses counseling, business plan development, providing business technical assistance, mentoring and lender briefings.
When working with business clients we:
- Assess their needs and provide counseling on how to help their situation
- Provide underwriting to determine if the business is financially sound enough to take on debt
- Offer technical assistance to teach businesses new management techniques, new ways to market their business, how to retain accounts, etc.
- Structure, package and processes loans for qualified businesses
Additionally, we provide homebuyer education programs, assist first-time homebuyers with the purchase of their first home and help customers remain responsible and successful homebuyers.
All of our loans must meet a public purpose test: jobs creation, business district revitalization, rural business, minority business, veteran owned business, woman owned business, labor surplus area, enhanced competition, community facilities.
- Loan Providers
- Obtaining Debt Funding
- Obtaining Government Funding
- Real Estate Finance
Buying or Selling a Business
- Buying or Selling a Franchise
- Purchasing an Existing Business
Internship Programs and Student Services
- Internship Program
- Student marketing Projects
- Student Research Projects
- Write a business plan
Site and Business Location
- Incubator Space
- Bookkeeping/Accounting Software Training
- Budget, Financial Statement and Cash Flow Training
Startup / Form a Business
- Startup business counseling